Green Bay – House Fire 12-21-15

FROM: Green Bay Metro Fire Department  Public Information Officer Lt. Nick Craig 

00

 

Incident Date: 12/21/2015
Incident Type: Single Family Home Fire
Incident Address: 300 Block Bader St.
Incident Time: 8:15 AM
Incident Description: Ranch Home
Cause of Fire: Dehumidifier Malfunction
Origin of Fire: Basement
Estimated Dollar Loss: $70.000
Injuries: None
Number of People Displaced: 1

Additional Information: Resident had working smoke alarms in the home which alerted him to the fire. It is unknown if the dehumidifier that caused this fire was on the recall list from 2013. We urge residents to check their dehumidifiers to make sure they are not involved in the recall. This the 3rd dehumidifier caused fire that occurred this year in Brown County.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s