From: Battalion Chief Mike VandenAvond
Incident Date: 1/4/2016
Incident Type: Apartment fire
Incident Address: 2xx Huth St.
Incident Time: 12:10 PM
Incident Description: 2 story 68 unit apartment building
Cause of Fire: Unattended cooking
Origin of Fire: Kitchen
Estimated Dollar Loss: $125,000
Number of People Displaced: 4-10 displaced
Additional Information: On arrival, crews noticed smoke coming from the front of the building. Firefighters quickly located the apartment with the fire and extinguished a fully involved kitchen and living room. Residents near affected apartment are expected to be allowed back in pending an electrical inspection.