From: Green Bay Metro Fire Department Lt. Nick Craig
Update on Windows of Wisconsin Fire (1148 Velp Avenue)
The Green Bay Fire Marshal’s Office, with assistance from the State Fire Marshal’s Office, has concluded that the area where the fire started was in a room where varnishing and painting occurred. A piece of heating equipment cannot be ruled out at this time as a cause of this fire. The Green Bay Metro Fire Department reminds residents and business owners to have their heating equipment and furnaces checked annually by a certified HVAC technician.