From: Green Bay Metro Fire Department Battalion Chief Robert Wiegert
Incident Date: 3/3/2016
Incident Type: Structure Fire
Incident Address: 6xx Ravenswood Dr. Green Bay
Incident Time: 4:02 PM
Incident Description: Fire in a single family residence
Cause of Fire: Misuse of electrical extension cords
Origin of Fire: Attached garage
Estimated Dollar Loss: $60,000
Injuries: No injuries
Number of People Displaced: 5 people displaced.
Additional Information: Green Bay Metro Fire Dept. units were dispatched at 4:02 PM to 650 Ravenswood Dr. for the report of a fire in the attached garage of a single family residence. The first units arrived in 3 minutes and found heavy smoke showing from the attached garage as well as the attic and soffit of the rest of the single story ranch home. Flames were visible from the rear of the garage. Crews made entry and had the fire knocked down in approximately 10 minutes. A search of the home showed all occupants had self-evacuated prior to Fire Dept. arrival. Crews remained on scene for approximately two hours to complete extinguishment and conduct salvage and overhaul operations. Investigation by the Green Bay Metro Fire Dept. Fire Marshal’s office determined the cause of the fire to be misuse of electrical extension cords in the garage. Fire damage to the garage and smoke damage to the rest of the structure is estimated at $60,000. No injuries were reported. Occupants are being assisted by the American Red Cross. Also assisting on scene were the Green Bay Police and Public Works Departments and Wisconsin Public Service.