Green Bay – Kitchen Fire 11-5-16

From: Green Bay Metro Fire Department Battalion Chief Chris Ehmann

 

Incident Details

 

Incident Date:  11/5/2016

Incident Type: Kitchen Fire

Incident Address: 11xx 13th Ave.

Incident Time:  17:55

Incident Description: Grease fire on stove spread to cabinets and wall.  1 story house

Cause of Fire:  Unattended cooking.

Origin of Fire:  Stove top

Estimated Dollar Loss: $10,000

Injuries: 13 year old transported to hospital for smoke inhalation.   

Number of People Displaced: 1 adult, 2 children 

 

 

Additional Information: Unattended grease on stove top caught fire spreading to wall and cabinets.  Occupants are staying with other family members in town.  With the holiday seasons approaching we want to remind people to pay close attention when they are cooking.  Cooking is the #1 cause of house fire and people should never leave cooking food unattended.  If you must leave the kitchen, turn off the stove. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s