Wausau Missing Boater 6-15-17

Written & Photo’s By: Wayne Gauger

A family was out tubing A young boy inner-tubing behind the boat went under the water and that prompted the sister and man, who is their step-father to try to find him in the water. The man was able to get the boy back in the boat, but he then went under. The kids and their mother along with two dogs made it back to shore. First responders were paged to the river near Memorial Park in Wausau around 2 p.m. Thursday. Marathon County Dive Team was also brought in. current wind conditions are making it dangerous for the search. It’s challenging for the dive team under the water, but they are using sonar equipment. A helicopter was paged at the beginning of the search, but was called off due to windy conditions, it is also why a drone was not used in the search. The Seatch was called off at 9:15PM Thursday. Search crews will be back out Friday morning at 7AM. WGWI-PUBLICATIONS will follow this situation and bring you any updates on our Facebook Page Search WGWI-PUBLICATIONS.

IMG_1317IMG_1321IMG_1323IMG_1331IMG_1334IMG_1340IMG_1342IMG_1344IMG_1345IMG_1350IMG_1352IMG_1355

Pella – Structure Fire 2.23.17

Pella Fire Was Paged Thursday Just Before Noon For A Structure Fire Off River Bank Road. Many Surrounding Fire Departments Assisted. No Further Information Is Available! Watch Next Weeks (2.28.17) Marion Advertiser For More Information.

PHOTO’S FROM THE SCENE: FROM TIMOTHY ZILCH & WAYNE GAUGER

01//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js02//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js03//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js04//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsFiremen//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsFlames//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0377//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0434//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0436//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0438//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0437//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0439//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0440//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0442//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0441//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0444//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0445//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0446//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsIMG_0448//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

Green Bay – Structure Fire 2-2-17

From Green Bay Metro Fire Department:  Battalion Chief Robert Wiegert & Battalion Chief Ryan Gibbons

Incident Details

Incident Date: 2/2/2017
Incident Type: Structure Fire
Incident Address: 1222 S. Quincy Street
Incident Time: 11:17am
Incident Description: 2 story wood frame single family residence
Cause of Fire: Heating source to close to combustibles
Origin of Fire: Outside foundation area
Estimated Dollar Loss: $15,000
Injuries: 0
Number of People Displaced: 0

Additional Information: Crews were dispatched for a structure fire. Crews arrived on scene in 6 minutes and found flames on the exterior of the home. Units quickly extinguished the outside flames. A search of the home was done along with checking for fire extension into the walls of the home. Damage was limited to the exterior of the home with smoke damage throughout the home. The situation was mitigated by initial assignment crews. GBMFD was assisted by GBPD, Green Bay DPW, WPS.

Green Bay – Structure Fire 12-4-16

From Green Bay Metro Fire Department Battalion Chief Robert Wiegert

Incident Details

 

Incident Date:  12/4/2016                                              

Incident Type: Structure Fire

Incident Address: 33xx Nautical Ave. Green Bay WI 54311

Incident Time:  8:54 PM

Incident Description: Fire in a one story, ranch style single family home.

Cause of Fire:  Spread from metal fireplace chimney.

Origin of Fire:  Attic above main floor living room.

Estimated Dollar Loss: $80,000

Injuries: No injuries

Number of People Displaced: 3 

 

 

Additional Information:  GBMFD crews were dispatched at 8:54 PM tonight for the report of a fire around a chimney at 33xx Nautical Ave. on Green Bay’s far East side. Upon arrival of Fire Department units, heavy smoke and some fire was showing through the roof of a one story, single family residence . All residents had evacuated the building before Fire Department arrival. Crews entered the structure and found a well involved attic fire. The fire was knocked down in less than 10 minutes. Crews remained on scene for approximately 3 hours to complete extensive overhaul operations to complete extinguishment and salvage property. No injuries were reported. Loss is estimated at $80,000. Assisting on scene were Green Bay Police and Public Works with traffic control and WPS for utility control. The Red Cross was assisting the occupants. GBMFD would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to have your chimneys and fireplaces cleaned and inspected by a professional regularly.

Green Bay – Carbon Monoxide Incident 11-30-16

co-poisoning

From: Green Bay Metro Fire Department Battalion Chief Robert Wiegert

Incident Details

 

Incident Date:  11/30/2016                                                                

Incident Type: Carbon Monoxide Incident

Incident Address: 2437 Deer Trail

Incident Time:  01:56

Incident Description: High levels of carbon monoxide in a single family residence

Cause of Fire: Under Investigation 

Origin of Fire:  Unknown

Estimated Dollar Loss: 0

Injuries: 3 residents being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

Number of People Displaced: 5 temporarily 

 

 

Additional Information:  GBMFD crews were dispatched at 1:56 AM this morning to 2437 Deer Trail for a sick child. Upon entering the residence and beginning assessment of the patient, a Carbon Monoxide monitor attached to the crews EMS gear bag began to alarm. Upon investigation crews found extremely high levels in excess of 1000 ppm of carbon monoxide in the home. A second child in the home was also found to be unconscious. The home was evacuated and the patients rapidly transported to ABMC for treatment. In all three people were treated for elevated levels of carbon monoxide, two of which were transferred to an Appleton hospital for additional treatment in a hyperbaric chamber. The home was ventilated and the investigation into the cause of the elevated levels of carbon monoxide is under investigation. A carbon monoxide alarm in the home was found to inoperable and well past its expiration date. GBMFD crews were assisted on the scene by personnel from the GBPD and WPS. GBMFD would like to remind everyone to test their co and smoke alarms regularly and recommend having a co monitor on each level of your home.

Clintonville – Structure Fire Final Official Press Release 11-23-16

From: Clintonville Fire Department Chief Shane Krueger

November 23, 2016

To Media Outlets:

On November 23, 2016 at 2:09AM, the Clintonville Fire Department along with Clintonville Area Ambulance and Clintonville Police were dispatched to 46 South Main Street in the City of Clintonville for a report of a structure fire at that location.

The Clintonville Fire Department was assisted by Fire Departments from Marion, Manawa, Bear Creek, Pella and Embarrass.  The nature of the building configuration, structural age and adjacent buildings along with extensive fire in the upper level of the building made the fire difficult to combat with crews remaining on scene until 4:00PM.

The State Fire Marshall’s Office and Building Inspector was summoned to assist in the investigation.  It was determined that the  Fire was accidental in nature and the origin of the fire was in the floor structure between the China King Restaurant and the apartments located above the business that housed a family of 5 all of whom were able to escape without injury.  Red Cross is currently assisting the displaced family.  

Due to structural safety concerns of the building impacted by the fire, the adjoining business Schultz’s Blue Bird Café shall remain closed until further notice.