Fire Crews from Mosinee, Kronenwetter, Riverside, and Safer Fire responded for a reported barn fire Wednesday afternoon just after 2PM at 1463 Moon Road. Scanner transmission said no Animals were inside the barn appears a total loss. At this time no injuries were reported.
Fire Crews from Town of Wausau & Town of Texas responded Wednesday afternoon for a reported House fire at the 5700 block of Mathie Road Town of Wausau. Smoke could be seen coming from the home and fire crews were on the roof. Red Cross has been called into assist those affected. No information on injuries.
Wausau Fire Crews were paged for a structure at 1021 Macintosh Street fire the call came in at 10:34AM Tuesday. Battalion Chief Allan Antolik said upon units arrival heavy fire was showing from the back of the structure. No Injuries were reported and the person home at the time of was able to exit safely . Wausau Fire Department was assisted by Wausau Police Department WPS was also on scene.
Crews were fighting a fire at the Marathon County Landfill in the Town of Ringle Sunday Early Evening. They were actively fighting a fire in the landfill itself.
Wittenburg, City of Wausau Tender (Tanker), Birnamwood, Maine, Edgar, Kronenwettter, Ringle, Easton, SAFER and Hatley fire departments responded to the call. Salvation Army was also on scene assisting with Water for the emergency personnel.
Chris Kielman Ringle Fire Chief tells reporters the fire department has responded multiple times to the landfill nothing recently. Chief Kielman says when units arrived on scene the fire was approx. 100 x 100. No injuries were reported. Chief Kielman says crews will be on scene for several more hours making sure of no flair ups.
Marathon County Solid Waste Department Director Meleesa Johnson says No cause will be determined speculation is Hot Coals from the grill or Cell Phone Batteries, Johnson says just because your phone battery is not able to power your cell phones but “JUICE” is still enough to get HOT from the sun and start a fire. Johnson has her crews spreading trash away as fire fighters spray the area down with water. Johnson says no equipment was damaged. Lastly Johnson wants to Thank Everyone Who called into report the smoke because with out them it could have been a lot worse not only to the landfill but the neighboring area.
Wausau Fire Department and SAFER conducted a Live Structure Fire Training Monday. The property is located at 120 S. 14th Ave. in Wausau near John Muir.
Battalion Chief Paul Czarapata with the Wausau Fire Department said the departments are training their newest recruits, explorers and we’re working with our neighboring fire district SAFER to work together on a combined basis.
WGWI-PUBLICATIONS Thanks Wausau Fire Department and Battalion Chief Paul Czarapata for this opportunity. WGWI-PUBLICATIONS was assisted by Fire Photographer Ronald Briggs from Chippewa Falls Wisconsin.