Rescue Crews from Kronenwetter Fire & Rescue and South Area Fire and Emergency Response District “SAFER” responded to the 1900 Block of WI-153 Tuesday afternoon for a report of a Male trapped in a Well. Kronenwetter Fire Captain Dan Borth says the male was approx. 10 feet down. Capt. Broth said No injuries and it was a pretty “Easy” non traumatic rescue. Capt. Broth says the man was working on a leaking pipe at the time of the incident. Capt. Broth said a page for the Marathon County “C.E.R.T.” team they were later canceled. They are a useful tool and are always available if needed.
Wausau Fire Crews were paged for a structure at 1021 Macintosh Street fire the call came in at 10:34AM Tuesday. Battalion Chief Allan Antolik said upon units arrival heavy fire was showing from the back of the structure. No Injuries were reported and the person home at the time of was able to exit safely . Wausau Fire Department was assisted by Wausau Police Department WPS was also on scene.
Rescue Crews were called to the scene of a two vehicle accident Tuesday Afternoon 6th and Wausau Ave.. Upon arrival units found one vehicle on its side. Bystanders at the scene say one person was loaded into an ambulance. No other information available at this time.
Crews were fighting a fire at the Marathon County Landfill in the Town of Ringle Sunday Early Evening. They were actively fighting a fire in the landfill itself.
Wittenburg, City of Wausau Tender (Tanker), Birnamwood, Maine, Edgar, Kronenwettter, Ringle, Easton, SAFER and Hatley fire departments responded to the call. Salvation Army was also on scene assisting with Water for the emergency personnel.
Chris Kielman Ringle Fire Chief tells reporters the fire department has responded multiple times to the landfill nothing recently. Chief Kielman says when units arrived on scene the fire was approx. 100 x 100. No injuries were reported. Chief Kielman says crews will be on scene for several more hours making sure of no flair ups.
Marathon County Solid Waste Department Director Meleesa Johnson says No cause will be determined speculation is Hot Coals from the grill or Cell Phone Batteries, Johnson says just because your phone battery is not able to power your cell phones but “JUICE” is still enough to get HOT from the sun and start a fire. Johnson has her crews spreading trash away as fire fighters spray the area down with water. Johnson says no equipment was damaged. Lastly Johnson wants to Thank Everyone Who called into report the smoke because with out them it could have been a lot worse not only to the landfill but the neighboring area.