2 Vehicle Accident 6th & Wausau Ave. 8-15-17

Rescue Crews were called to the scene of a two vehicle accident Tuesday Afternoon 6th and Wausau Ave.. Upon arrival units found one vehicle on its side. Bystanders at the scene say one person was loaded into an ambulance. No other information available at this time.

___________________________

Photo’s From Scene:

IMG_1845IMG_1844IMG_1843IMG_1840IMG_1839IMG_1837IMG_1836IMG_1835IMG_1842IMG_1841IMG_1838

Marathon County Landfill Fire 7-30-17

Crews were fighting a fire at the Marathon County Landfill in the Town of Ringle Sunday Early Evening. They were actively fighting a fire in the landfill itself.

 

Wittenburg, City of Wausau Tender (Tanker), Birnamwood, Maine, Edgar, Kronenwettter, Ringle, Easton, SAFER and Hatley fire departments responded to the call. Salvation Army was also on scene assisting with Water for the emergency personnel.

 

Chris Kielman Ringle Fire Chief tells reporters the fire department has responded multiple times to the landfill nothing recently. Chief Kielman says when units arrived on scene the fire was approx. 100 x 100. No injuries were reported. Chief Kielman says crews will be on scene for several more hours making sure of no flair ups.

 

Marathon County Solid Waste Department Director Meleesa Johnson says No cause will be determined speculation is Hot Coals from the grill or Cell Phone Batteries, Johnson says just because your phone battery is not able to power your cell phones but “JUICE” is still enough to get HOT from the sun and start a fire. Johnson has her crews spreading trash away as fire fighters spray the area down with water. Johnson says no equipment was damaged. Lastly Johnson wants to Thank Everyone Who called into report the smoke because with out them it could have been a lot worse not only to the landfill but the neighboring area.

 

PHOTO’S FROM THE SCENE:

________________________________

 IMG_1791IMG_1792IMG_1793IMG_1794IMG_1795IMG_1799IMG_1800IMG_1801IMG_1802IMG_1805IMG_1806IMG_1807IMG_1808IMG_1809IMG_1810IMG_1811IMG_1812IMG_1813IMG_1814IMG_1816IMG_1817IMG_1818IMG_1771IMG_1772IMG_1773IMG_1774IMG_1775IMG_1776IMG_1777IMG_1778IMG_1779IMG_1780IMG_1781IMG_1782IMG_1783IMG_1784IMG_1785IMG_1786IMG_1787IMG_1788IMG_1789IMG_1790IMG_1796IMG_1797IMG_1798IMG_1803IMG_1804IMG_1815IMG_1820IMG_1823IMG_1824IMG_1825IMG_1826IMG_1827IMG_1828IMG_1829IMG_1830IMG_1831IMG_1832IMG_1833IMG_1834

Dehumidifier Malfunction Causes Fire Response in Wausau 7-19-17

Wausau Fire Department was paged to a residents on North 9th Avenue. & Maple Street for a report of a house filled with smoke.

It was later determined that a dehumidifier malfunctioned and caused the smoke. Officials say they don’t believe there was any damage to the structure.

Photo’s From The Scene.

_______________________________________

IMG_1723IMG_1722IMG_1721IMG_1720IMG_1724IMG_1725IMG_1719IMG_1718

Wausau Fire Department Live Burn Training 7-17-17

Wausau Fire Department and SAFER conducted a Live Structure Fire Training Monday. The property is located at 120 S. 14th Ave. in Wausau near John Muir.

Battalion Chief Paul Czarapata with the Wausau Fire Department said the departments are training their newest recruits, explorers and we’re working with our neighboring fire district SAFER to work together on a combined basis.

WGWI-PUBLICATIONS Thanks Wausau Fire Department and Battalion Chief Paul Czarapata for this opportunity. WGWI-PUBLICATIONS was assisted by Fire Photographer Ronald Briggs from Chippewa Falls Wisconsin.

Anyone Interested In Any Photo’s Please E-Mail Wayne: wayne@wgwinews.com

_______________________________

MORE Photo’s From The Day Can Be Viewed: CLICK HERE TO VIEW 

0001050607IMG_1634IMG_1635IMG_1636IMG_1637IMG_1638IMG_1639IMG_1640IMG_1641IMG_1646IMG_1647IMG_1649IMG_1653IMG_1654IMG_1655IMG_1656IMG_1657IMG_1659IMG_1659IMG_1660IMG_1664IMG_1665IMG_1666IMG_1669IMG_1670IMG_1671IMG_1672IMG_1673IMG_1674IMG_1677IMG_1679IMG_1680IMG_1681IMG_1682IMG_1683IMG_1684IMG_1685IMG_1686IMG_1689IMG_1690IMG_1692IMG_1693IMG_1694IMG_1695IMG_1696IMG_1697IMG_1698IMG_1699IMG_1700IMG_1701IMG_1702IMG_1703IMG_1704IMG_1705IMG_1707IMG_1708IMG_1709IMG_1710IMG_1712IMG_1713IMG_1717030405060708091011IMG_1509IMG_1510

Wausau Missing Boater 6-15-17

Written & Photo’s By: Wayne Gauger

A family was out tubing A young boy inner-tubing behind the boat went under the water and that prompted the sister and man, who is their step-father to try to find him in the water. The man was able to get the boy back in the boat, but he then went under. The kids and their mother along with two dogs made it back to shore. First responders were paged to the river near Memorial Park in Wausau around 2 p.m. Thursday. Marathon County Dive Team was also brought in. current wind conditions are making it dangerous for the search. It’s challenging for the dive team under the water, but they are using sonar equipment. A helicopter was paged at the beginning of the search, but was called off due to windy conditions, it is also why a drone was not used in the search. The Seatch was called off at 9:15PM Thursday. Search crews will be back out Friday morning at 7AM. WGWI-PUBLICATIONS will follow this situation and bring you any updates on our Facebook Page Search WGWI-PUBLICATIONS.

IMG_1317IMG_1321IMG_1323IMG_1331IMG_1334IMG_1340IMG_1342IMG_1344IMG_1345IMG_1350IMG_1352IMG_1355

Green Bay – Structure Fire 12-4-16

From Green Bay Metro Fire Department Battalion Chief Robert Wiegert

Incident Details

 

Incident Date:  12/4/2016                                              

Incident Type: Structure Fire

Incident Address: 33xx Nautical Ave. Green Bay WI 54311

Incident Time:  8:54 PM

Incident Description: Fire in a one story, ranch style single family home.

Cause of Fire:  Spread from metal fireplace chimney.

Origin of Fire:  Attic above main floor living room.

Estimated Dollar Loss: $80,000

Injuries: No injuries

Number of People Displaced: 3 

 

 

Additional Information:  GBMFD crews were dispatched at 8:54 PM tonight for the report of a fire around a chimney at 33xx Nautical Ave. on Green Bay’s far East side. Upon arrival of Fire Department units, heavy smoke and some fire was showing through the roof of a one story, single family residence . All residents had evacuated the building before Fire Department arrival. Crews entered the structure and found a well involved attic fire. The fire was knocked down in less than 10 minutes. Crews remained on scene for approximately 3 hours to complete extensive overhaul operations to complete extinguishment and salvage property. No injuries were reported. Loss is estimated at $80,000. Assisting on scene were Green Bay Police and Public Works with traffic control and WPS for utility control. The Red Cross was assisting the occupants. GBMFD would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to have your chimneys and fireplaces cleaned and inspected by a professional regularly.